Stuﬃng your face with turkey always feels better after you have run a 5K!!! It feels even better when you have run a 5K that raises money to help kids and their communities in Congo!
Edgebrook Covenant Church has combined a fun Chicago neighborhood tradition with a powerful cause by annually gathering a team of runners/walkers to participate in the Edison Park Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, while gathering pledges to raise money for Covenant Kids Congo (CKC). We would love for you to join us! This is how you can!
- Follow this link to pre-register for the run (you can register the day of the event, but it will cost $25 rather than the $20 pre-registration fee and will be a lot more chaotic since approximately 3,000 people participate in this event).
- Print Turkey Trot CKC pledge sheet.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you plan on joining us.
- Start gathering pledges (checks can be made out to: Edgebrook Covenant Church, with “CKC” in the memo line). Money collected can either be sent or dropped oﬀ at Edgebrook Covenant Church, 6355 N. Spokane Ave. Chicago, IL 60646, or can be brought to the trot on Thanksgiving morning.
- Gather before the trot (Thanksgiving morning, 9:00 a.m.) at the Happy Foods parking lot in the Edison Park neighborhood (6783 Northwest Hwy.) for a team photo! (And to hand in donations if you are bringing them to the trot).
This is a great family friendly event for all ages! You can run, walk, or stroll!
Questions? Contact the Edgebrook Covenant Church office at 773/763-4230 or email@example.com