Our 2019 Wednesday Lenten Series
“Following Jesus: Finding Life thru Death”
The season of Lent (the word “Lent” is an Anglo Saxon word referring to the lengthening of days in the move from winter to spring) is a reflective and penitential season where Christians are challenged to examine their lives as they remember the suffering and sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf. One opportunity for doing this is by taking part in our Wednesday Lenten worship gatherings.
A simple soup-n-bread supper* will be offered from 6:30p – 7:05p in our Chapel prior to the service. Our worship will also be held in our Chapel from 7:15p to 8p. Childcare is available during the worship portion of our evening. Our schedule is as follows:
- Ash Wednesday, March 6, 7:15 PM: John 11 – Life after Death and the Raising of Lazarus – Pastor Greg preaching – the sacrament of Holy Communion & the imposition of ashes & anointing with oil with prayers for healing for those desiring this. (NO SOUP-N-BREAD BEFORE SERVICE.)
- March 13, 6:30 PM – Soup-n-Bread / 7:15 PM – Worship John 12:1-11 – Jesus anointed for burial at Bethany.
Ken Oliver, member of the Executive Board of the Central Conference preaching.
- March 20, 6:30 PM – Soup-n-Bread / 7:15 PM – Worship
John 12:20-36– Following Jesus into his death. Ben Bruckner, North Park Seminarian, preaching.
- March 27, 6:30 PM – Soup-n-Bread / 7:15 PM – Worship
John 13:1-17– Jesus washes the disciples’ feet. Tricia Ivanoff, North Park Seminarian, preaching.
- April 3, 6:30 PM – Soup-n-Bread / 7:15 PM – Worship
John 13:21-31 – Jesus Betrayed by Judas– Desiree Robertson, North Park Seminarian, preaching.
- Wed,April 10, 6:30 PM – Soup-n-Bread / 7:15 PM – Worship
John 13:34-35 & 15:9-17: Loving as Jesus loved. Greta Englund North Park Seminarian, preaching.
Questions? Contact the Edgebrook Covenant Church office at 773/763-4230 or email@example.com