As I write this looking out my study’s window at our church, the sky is a rich blue, dotted with cottony clouds. There’s a nip in the air. Fall is here!
And that means new offerings and new opportunities for us at Edgebrook Covenant Church!
- Welcoming our new Worship & Music Director & Youth Minister, Desiree Robertson, whose first Sunday with us is Sunday, September 10!
- Our first monthly intergenerational worship is Sunday, September 10, at 10 AM
- Our first monthly intergenerational “Going Deeper” activity and coffee hour following worship, this month benefiting the ministry of our hospital, Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago
- Coffee hour this Sunday, September 10 (hosted by our Christian Formation & Discipleship Board) will feature a make-your-own Trailmix and Popcorn bar – you know, food for the journey!
- After this Sunday’s Going Deeper activity & coffee hour, anyone interested in the music ministry of our church (instrumentalists, vocalists, choir, ensemble, soloists, etc.) are urged to meet with Desiree Robertson in the Sanctuary.
And there’s more good stuff to come this fall, including:
- Women’s Bible Class on Wednesdays from 9:45 AM to 11:30 AM, taught by Edgebrook Covenanter and North Park Seminarian Ben Bruckner (beginning Wednesday, September 13)
- “The Table” – our free all church and community taco dinner in Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays from 6 to 7:15 PM (starting Wednesday, September 13th)
- Youth Group for grades 6 thru 12 on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays from 7 to 8 PM, beginning Wednesday, September 20th
- Choir Rehearsal in our Sanctuary on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays from 7 to 8 PM, beginning Wednesday, September 27th
- Fall Fest on Saturday, September 30 from 10 AM to 3 PM
- Small groups beginning in early October
Fall is a season marked by change… the ones on tap for our church are exciting ones, to be sure. I trust you will be an active participant in this new season of opportunity here at Edgebrook Covenant Church!
Joyfully and expectantly,